Greg is in a wedding soon and while I can not wait to see these friends get married, I’m also just a little bit over the moon with the fact the wedding is in Nashville! We have never been before, so we’re taking off a day early to hit the town before his groomsman duties begin!
After a little bit of Pinterest/blogging research, I’ve filled up a schedule for us, but I’m still scared we’ll miss something! So if you have been/are there and want to add your favorite places onto our list, I would be incredibly grateful!
I will be sure to post about our experience after we get back!
Do you remember my Starbucks post from a few weeks back? I am happy to announce I have expanded my horizon and tried a few new drinks. My findings:
- Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino– sadly this was a disappointment. While I love dark chocolate, mint, and coffee…. this just wasn’t the correct mix. I love sweet and even for me this was too sweet. It had the fake mint flavor and not enough coffee. True story, I actually went home and made myself another cup of coffee. While I am not upset that I did try it, I am not going to purchase it again before it leaves for the summer.
- Coconutmilk Mocha Macchiato– my mom tried this while I was in Florida and I had a sip, it was delightful, I will for sure be ordering it again.
Hi, my name is Kelsie. I’m addicted to coffee (and I don’t want it to end).
This is a new revelation for me. When I used to think about coffee my mind would go to my mom’s stale breath every morning (sorry mom) and the smell of no-so-freshly-ground Folgers. That is not (and probably never will be) my thing. Call me a coffee addict, call me a coffee snob, call me whatever you want. The reality is…
…I love me some Starbucks.
Like, LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love the fixings, the toppings, and the sugar (andofcourseIlovethecaffeinebecausewhowouldn’tloveallthatcaffeine!!!!???!!!) that come in Starbucks drinks, but I really struggled between getting what I love and getting something that meant I was spending all my daily allotted calories. At once. Also, I could drink cold drinks in a blizzard, so I’m partial to iced.
So…for all of you out there just like me, I did some experimenting and these are my favorite drinks that won’t wreck your diet!
(all calories are based on a grande size)
- Iced Cinnamon Almondmilk Macchiato- This is new and goodness I hope it stays forever!! Super sweet (sometimes I ask for 1/2 the syrup) but the cream of the almond milk with the pinch of cinnamon. I video taped myself tasting it the first time and sent it to Steven (my editor), it was one for the books. Coming in at only 190 calories, I usually find myself splurging for the venti because I just can’t get enough!
- Iced (or hot) Caramel Macchiato- Creamy and smooth, sweet without being overbearing; made with non-fat milk is only 200 calories, almond milk brings you down to 170.
- Java Chip Light Frappuccino- made with nonfat milk, gives you all the goodness of the chocolate even added with java chips brings you only to 210 calories, and worth every one!
- Caramel Light Frappuccino- 140 calories….need I say more?
- Vanilla Latte- Swapped out with nonfat milk totals 200 calories. I have heard this is good iced as well, but I haven’t tried that yet.
- Finishing my list with the classic Iced Vanilla Coffee- this is as close-to-regular-coffee as I can handle it. When I need a pick-me-up that rings in at $3, this is my go-to. And without creamer it’s only 80 calories, so sometimes I go home and add my vanilla almond milk creamer because I know I have enough to spare!
Drinks I can’t wait to try:
- Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino- I can’t say no to mint and I’m totally prepared to waste my calories on this, because trust me it isn’t below 200!
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew- Love me some cold brew, just haven’t gotten around to trying this yet
- Toasted Coconut Cold Brew- same as above
- Coconutmilk Mocha Macchiato- Everytime I go to order this drink I find myself going back to the cinnamon version, listed above.
- Steven would also kill me if I didn’t add his favorite to the list. Doubleshot on ice (one pump classic with either soy or breve, depending on mood) is his addiction of choice. I haven’t tried it, keep saying I will (and I will) but there will need to be a lot of milk added in mine!!
So there you have it! All the drinks I love (and can’t wait to love) in a list! I will be sure to keep you updated as I expand my addiction! If you have a favorite I haven’t tried or a drink you and the barista made up yourself that needs to be shared let me know!!